Now Accepting Applications for Certified Firefighter
City of Hobbs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
||$41,026.00 - $72,883.20
|Certified Firefighter Paramedic
||$46,866.00 - $78,956.80
- 25 Year Retirement Eligibility (75% Pension)
- 90% Pension Maximum at 30 Years
- All employees pay 9.7% PERA (Public Employees Retirement Association)
- Longevity Pay
- Military Preference Points
- Lateral Firefighters are exempt from taking the written test
- Up to 15% pay increase for Certified Firefighters depending on experience
- SWAT Incentive - $1,500 per year, paid on anniversary date
Paramedics have the opportunity to operate as a Medic on Hobbs Police SWAT
- Bilingual Incentive - $1,500 per year
- Relocation Allowance up to $3,500
- Paid EMS Training up to the Paramedic Level
- Paid Fire Training Classes
NM State Academy offer courses at no cost to NM Firefighters
- Department Issued Uniforms
- Paid Meals, Daily Meal Allowance per person
- Fitness Facilities at all 4 Fire Stations
- Certified Fitness Coordinators on all 3 Shifts
CFCs can design workout plans and assist you in improving your fitness
- Reached the age of majority (18 years of age).
- Must hold a High School diploma or GED at date of hire.
- Prefer thirty six (36) college credit hours or two (2) years general verifiable and proven paid work experience.
- Must be certified NREMT or NM State EMT, and/or Firefighter I & II IFSAC.
- National Registry certified EMT's must enroll and complete NM EMT bridge course as soon as possibly upon appointment.
- Must be of good moral character; Prefer Honorable Discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States (if applicable).
- Have not been convicted of or pled guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or, within the three-year period immediately preceding their application, to any violation of any federal or state law or local ordinance relating to aggravated assault, theft, driving while intoxicated, controlled substances or other crime involving moral turpitude and have not been released or discharged under dishonorable conditions from any of the armed forces of the United States.
- After examination by a certified psychologist, found to be free of any emotional or mental condition which might adversely affect performance as a Firefighter and/or EMT or be prohibited from successfully completing prescribed basic training.